Optical communications technology is an elective course within the ISE study program. It includes the teaching of fundamentals on the topics
- propagation of electromagnetic waves,
- scattering, attenuation and dispersion,
- optical waves in film waveguides and optical fibers,
- signal distortion in optical fibers,
- optical point-to-point links.
From 12.10.2021 always Tuesdays, 8:15, room BA 152
(due to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, this course will be offered hybrid, i.e. in classroom and parallel via zoom)
To enroll in the Moodle course, you must first register online via the university's LSF portal.
- Open the LSF portal in your browser.
- Choose "Dates/Times/Location" (see screenshot, highlighted in yellow)
- Chose "apply now / cancel application" (see screenshot, highlighted in yellow)
- Log in with your university user ID and password.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
- You will be enrolled in the Moodle course, at the latest one week before the start of the first lecture.
- If you have not registered in LSF until the start of lectures, i.e. after 11.10.2021, please send an e-mail from your university account to Dr. Buß asking for enrolment in the Moodle course with ID 4569.
- Lehrende(r): Rüdiger Buß